|Exam Board||Entry Requirements||Subject Leader|
|OCR||Grade 6 at GCSE (Grade 5 Theory module evidence required) and being a high performer in at least one sport
||Mr N Jones|
OCR’s A level in Physical Education equips learners with both a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio-cultural and practical aspects of Physical Education.
This requires them to:
- develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance
- understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport
- understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
- refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
- develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance
- understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
- improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.
Progression into Higher Education/Vocational Destinations
This A-Level can provide you with the opportunity to go on to university and study sport related degrees such as Sport and Exercise Science, and work towards a variety of careers, including physiotherapy, teaching, sports nutrition, sport massage and many more!