|Exam Board||Subject Leader|
|OCR||Mr N Jones|
The OCR Physical Education course is broad, coherent and practical, which encourages our pupils to be inspired, motivated and challenged by the subject and enable them to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career pathways.
This course equips learners with the knowledge, understanding, skills and values to develop and maintain their performance in physical activities and understand the benefits to health, fitness and well-being.
The course requires students to:
- develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport
- perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/ or compositional ideas
- develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport
- understand the contribution which physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being
- understand key socio-cultural influences which can affect people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.